About Your Procedure
We're pleased that you have chosen Tallahassee Single Day Surgery Center
for your procedure. The staff serving you is professionally trained to
provide the highest care at the lowest possible cost. Upon arrival at
Tallahassee Single Day Surgery Center, please report to the reception
desk located in the lobby. Following your registration you will be escorted
to the patient care area where a nurse will assist you in preparing for
your procedure. We encourage you to ask questions and let the staff know
of your special needs. We want your visit to be as comfortable as possible.
Prior to Your Visit
- It is important that you arrive promptly at Tallahassee Single Day
Surgery Center at the time stated.
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AFTER MIDNIGHT unless your physician
instructs you differently.
- If you smoke, do not do so after midnight.
- Notify your doctor if you develope any sign of illness such as a cold
or infection before the date of their procedure.
- Consent for your procedure must be signed before any medication can
- A responsible adult, licensed to operate a motor vehicle must accompany
the patient to the facility and be present when the patient is ready
to leave. Please limit the number of relatives and friends accompanying
- Valuables, jewelry, and hairpieces should be left at home. If contacts
are worn, bring a case for safe keeping.
- Casual comfortable clothing should be worn. Appropriate pajamas will
be provided. If you prefer, you may bring a robe, slippers and your
own pajamas to wear home. Patients should remove nail polish and all
make-up. Male patients should shave in normal fashion in the morning.
Post Procedure Reminders
We'd like to give you some general rules to supplement the instructions
you will receive from your doctor. Your doctor will authorize discharge
from Tallahassee Single Day Surgery Center.
- Follow the doctor's instructions regarding diet, rest, and medication.
- It is not unusual for you to feel dizzy and sleepy after a procedure.
- Patients are advised not to drive, make important decisions, or sign important papers for at least
24 hours following a procedure.
- Our staff will periodically call to check on your progress.
- In the event of any difficulty, you should attempt to reach your doctor.
- If you are unable to reach your doctor, you may call Tallahassee Single Day Surgery Center,
Monday-Friday between 6:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., or the emergency room after hours.
- The itemized bill from Tallahassee Single Day Surgery Center will be an easy-to-understand,
all-inclusive bill for our services and facilities. IT DOES NOT INCLUDE FEES FOR YOUR SURGEON,
CONSULTING PHYSICAN, ANESTHESIOLOGIST OR ANY OTHER RELATED CHARGES.
- If you have any questions about payment, please do not hesitate to call Tallahassee Single
Day Surgery Center.
"We are a Fully Accredited Medical Center serving Leon
County and the surrounding referral areas."
Your Visit |
Community Services |
Our Staff |
Where We Are |
Copyright © ; 2001 Tallahassee Single Day Surgery Center