About Your Child's Procedure
We're pleased that you have chosen Tallahassee Single Day Surgery Center
for your child's procedure. The staff serving you is professionally trained
to provide the highest care at the lowest possible cost. Upon arrival
at Tallahassee Single Day Surgery Center, please report to the reception
desk located in the lobby. Following your child's registration you will
be escorted to the patient care area where a nurse will assist your child
in preparing for their procedure. We encourage you to ask questions and
let the staff know if your child has special needs. We want the visit
to be as comfortable as possible.
Prior to Your Visit
- It is important that your child arrive promptly at Tallahassee Single
Day Surgery Center at the time stated.
- DO NOT ALLOW YOUR CHILD TO EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AFTER MIDNIGHT unless
your physician instructs you differently.
- If your teen smokes, he/she should not do so after midnight.
- Notify your doctor if your child develops any sign of illness such
as a cold or infection before the date of their procedure.
- Consent for a procedure for minors (under the age of 18) must be signed
by a parent or legal guardian. The person signing the consent must accompany
the patient to the center.
- A responsible adult must accompany the child to the facility and be
present when the child is ready to leave.
- A parent or guardian may be permitted to accompany the child to both
the admissions area and he wake up area. Please limit the number of
friends and relatives accompanying you.
- Casual, comfortable clothing should be worn. Appropriate pajamas will
be provided. If you prefer, you may bring your child's robe, slippers
and own pajama to wear home. If your child has a favorite toy, it maybe
brought to the facility.
- If a brother or sister must accompany you to the facility, another
adult must be available to supervise their play in the children's waiting
Post Procedure Reminders
We'd like to give you some general rules to supplement the instructions
you will receive from your child's doctor. Your child's doctor will authorize
discharge from Tallahassee Single Day Surgery Center.
- Follow the doctor's instructions regarding diet, rest, and medication for your child.
- It is not unusual for your child to feel dizzy and sleepy after a procedure. Our staff
will periodically call to check on your child's progress.
- In the event of any difficulty, you should attempt to reach your child's doctor.
- If you are unable to reach your child's doctor, you may call Tallahassee Single Day Surgery Center,
Monday-Friday between 6:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., or the emergency room after hours.
- The itemized bill for your child's procedure from Tallahassee Single Day Surgery Center will be an
easy-to-understand, all-inclusive bill for our services and facilities. It does not include fees for
your child's surgeon, consulting physical or anesthesiologist.
- If you have any questions about payment, please do not hesitate to call Tallahassee Single Day
"We are a Fully Accredited Medical Center serving Leon
County and the surrounding referral areas."
Your Visit |
Community Services |
Our Staff |
Where We Are |
Copyright © ; 2001 Tallahassee Single Day Surgery Center